If you have eyelash extensions, congratulations! You’re about to enjoy long, luscious lashes for the next few weeks. But as with any beauty treatment, there is a right way and a wrong way to take care of your lash extensions – and if you want them to last, it’s important to do it the right way.
Here are four tips on how to keep your lash extensions healthy: 1. Avoid using oil-based products around your eyes. This includes things like makeup removers, face creams, and even some shampoos and conditioners.
Oil can break down the adhesive that keeps your lash extensions in place, causing them to fall out prematurely. If you must use an oil-based product near your lashes, be sure to remove it completely before going to bed so that it doesn’t have a chance to work its way into the base of your lashes overnight. 2. Be careful when brushing or combing through your lashes.
It’s important to keep your lash extensions free of debris and tangles, but be gentle when doing so – too much force can cause them to come loose or even break off entirely. The best way to brush through them is with a soft bristled brush designed specifically for eyelash extensions (you can find these at most beauty supply stores). Gently comb through from root to tip in a sweeping motion; avoid back-and-forth motions which can loosen the adhesive.
- Gently brush your lashes every day with a clean mascara wand to keep them from getting tangled
- Avoid using oil-based makeup removers or cleansers around your eye area, as this can break down the bond between the lash extension and your natural lash
- Be careful when applying toners, serums, or creams near your lash line, as these can also weaken the bond
- When shampooing, avoid getting water directly on your lashes and be sure to pat them dry afterwards
- Sleep on your back to prevent crushing your lashes against your pillowcase throughout the night
How Do You Maintain Healthy Eyelash Extensions?
If you’re one of the many people who have decided to get eyelash extensions, congratulations! You’re in for a treat. Not only are they incredibly convenient (no more need for mascara!), they can also help give your lashes a fuller, longer look.
But like with anything new, there’s a bit of a learning curve when it comes to getting used to them. One of the most important things you need to know is how to properly care for your new lash extensions – after all, you want them to last as long as possible! Here are our top tips on how to maintain healthy eyelash extensions:
1. Avoid rubbing or touching your eyes. This seems like common sense, but it’s worth repeating: don’t rub your eyes! This can cause the lash extensions to come off prematurely and can also irritate your delicate eye area.
If you do happen to rub your eyes, be extra careful when washing your face afterwards so that you don’t accidentally remove any lashes in the process. 2. Be gentle when cleansing. When it comes time to wash your face, take extra care around the eye area.
Use a very soft cleanser and avoid using any harsh scrubs or exfoliants near your lash line. Gently pat the skin around your eyes dry instead of rubbing it vigorously with a towel. 3. Use oil-free products near your lash line.
Oil can break down the bonding agent used to attach the lash extensions, so it’s best avoided altogether if possible (this includes natural oils from things like coconut oil). If you absolutely must use an oil-based product near your lashes (like an eye makeup remover), make sure that it is fully removed before going back in with water or another cleanser. 4 .
Be careful when using heated styling tools . Just like with regular lashes, exposure to heat can damage eyelash extensions and cause them to fall out prematurely . So be extra careful when using heated styling tools like curling irons or blow dryers , keeping them well away from your Lashline . It’s also important not t o sleep with wet hair , as this can cause similar problems . Instead , let 5your hair air dry or style it before bedtime .
What Makes Eyelash Extensions Last Longer?
If you’re considering eyelash extensions, one of the first things you probably want to know is how long they’ll last. After all, no one wants to waste their time and money on a beauty treatment that won’t give them lasting results.
So, what makes eyelash extensions last longer?
Here are 4 factors that will affect how long your lash extensions will stay in place: 1. The quality of the lash extensions This is perhaps the most important factor when it comes to how long your lash extensions will last.
If you use low-quality lashes, they will be more likely to fall out prematurely. But if you invest in high-quality lashes, they should stay in place for much longer. 2. The type of glue used
The type of glue used can also affect how long your lash extensions will last. Some glues are stronger than others and can hold the lashes in place for a longer period of time. If you’re not sure which type of glue to use, ask your Lash Artist for recommendations.
3. How well you take care of them Taking good care of your lash extensions is also crucial if you want them to last longer. Be gentle with them when washing your face and avoid rubbing or pulling at them excessively.
Also, make sure to clean them regularly with an oil-free cleanser to remove any dirt or makeup that could cause premature shedding. Following these simple tips should help keep your lash extensions looking great for weeks!
How Do You Prevent Eyelash Extensions from Damage?
If you are considering getting eyelash extensions, it is important to know how to properly take care of them to prevent damage. Here are a few tips:
1. Avoid using oil-based products around your eyes.
This includes makeup removers, moisturizers, and eye creams. Oil can break down the adhesive that holds the extensions in place and cause them to fall out prematurely. 2. Be gentle when cleansing your face.
Use a mild cleanser and avoid rubbing or tugging at your lashes. 3. Gently comb through your lashes with a clean mascara wand or lash brush to keep them neat and tangle-free. 4. Avoid sleeping on your face or rubbing your eyes excessively, as this can loosen the extensions or cause them to fall out altogether.
5. If you must wear eye makeup, be sure to use an oil-free formula and apply it carefully so as not to get any on the lashes themselves. When removing makeup, again be gentle and use an oil-free product designed for sensitive areas like the eyes.
How to Protect Eyelash Extensions When Sleeping
If you are one of the many people who have recently gotten eyelash extensions, you may be wondering how to best protect your new investment when sleeping. Here are some tips to help you keep your lashes looking their best:
1. Use a silk or satin pillowcase – This will help to reduce friction and prevent your lashes from getting caught on the fabric and becoming damaged.
2. Sleep on your back – This will keep your face from pressing into the pillow and causing your lashes to bend or break. 3. Be gentle when washing your face – Avoid using harsh cleansers or scrubbing too vigorously around your lash line. Gently patting the area with a clean, soft cloth is all that is needed.
4. Avoid using oil-based products – These can break down the bonding agent used to attach the extensions to your natural lashes, causing them to fall out prematurely.
How to Protect Eyelash Extensions While Showering
If you have eyelash extensions, you know how great they look and how much time they save in your beauty routine. But did you know that there are a few simple things you can do to keep them looking their best? Here are some tips for protecting your eyelash extensions while showering:
1. Avoid using hot water. The heat can cause the adhesive to break down, causing your lashes to fall out. Stick to lukewarm or cool water instead.
2. Don’t let the water run directly over your face. This can also cause the adhesive to break down. Instead, splash your face with water or use a wet washcloth to gently cleanse it.
3. Use a mild cleanser on your face if necessary. Avoid harsh chemicals and scrubs around the eye area, as they can damage the delicate skin and lashes. opt for a gentle, oil-free cleanser instead.
4 . Be careful when towel drying your face . Pat gently around the eye area so you don’t accidentally pull out any lashes .
5 . Lastly , avoid wearing makeup around the eyes while showering , as this can cause clumps and tangles . If you must wear makeup , be sure to remove it before getting in the shower .
My Eyelash Extensions Only Last a Week
If you’re like me, you love the look of long, lush eyelashes. They make your eyes pop and give you a glamorous look that’s hard to achieve with just mascara. So when I discovered eyelash extensions, I was thrilled!
Finally, I could have the lashes I always wanted…or so I thought. It turns out that my eyelash extensions only last a week. And not only that, but they’re also a lot of work to maintain.
If you’re thinking about getting lash extensions, here’s what you need to know. First, lash extensions are essentially individual false lashes that are glued to your natural lashes. They can be made from synthetic materials or real hair, and come in various thicknesses and lengths.
When applied correctly by a professional, they look fabulous – but they require regular upkeep. That’s because your natural lashes continue to grow (and shed) as usual, while the lash extension remains glued on. So over time, the lash extension starts to look sparse as your natural lashes push it out.
That’s why touch-ups are typically needed every 2-3 weeks – otherwise known as the “lash cycle.” Now for the bad news: each touch-up costs money (usually around $50), and if you let your lash extensions go too long without one, they can actually cause damage to your natural lashes. So if you’re considering lash extensions, be prepared for both the cost and the commitment involved in keeping them looking their best.
If you want to keep your eyelash extensions looking healthy, there are a few things you can do. First, be gentle when cleansing your face and avoid using oil-based products near your eyes. You should also avoid rubbing or touching your eyes excessively, as this can cause the lashes to fall out.
Additionally, make sure to schedule regular appointments with your lash artist to get touch-ups and keep them looking their best.