If you’re considering eyelash extensions, it’s important to take the necessary steps to prep your eyes for the treatment. This will help ensure that the extensions adhere properly and look their best.
- The following steps can help you prep your eyes for eyelash extensions: 1
- Remove all eye makeup prior to your appointment
- This includes mascara, eyeliner, and shadow
- Extensions will not adhere well to oily or dirty lashes, so it is important to start with a clean slate
- Your technician will likely have wipes on hand to remove any remaining residue
- Avoid using oils around the eye area leading up to your appointment
- Oils can break down the adhesive used to attach the extensions and cause them to fall out prematurely
- If you must use oil-based products (like certain makeup removers), be sure to cleanse thoroughly afterwards
- Do not curl your lashes or use an eyelash curler for 24 hours before getting lash extensions applied
- The heat from curling can damage the natural lash and make it more difficult for the extension to adhere properly
- If you wear contact lenses, be sure to remove them before your appointment begins as they may get in the way during the application process
Do And Don’Ts before Lash Appointment?
Before your lash appointment there are a few things you should and shouldn’t do! First off, make sure to remove all makeup from your eyes completely- this includes waterproof mascara! If there is any residual makeup left on your lashes it can prevent the adhesive from bonding correctly, and no one wants their lashes to fall off prematurely.
You should also avoid using oils around your eyes leading up to the appointment, as they can again hinder the adhesive’s ability to bond. Another don’t is skipping out on lash shampoo- even if you don’t wear makeup daily, it’s important to cleanse your lashes of any dirt, dust or oil that may have accumulated. Not only will this help the extensions look their best, but it will also help them last longer.
Finally, be sure to arrive to your appointment with clean hair- both for aesthetic reasons and because oily hair can transfer onto your lashes and shorten their lifespan. Now that you know what not to do, here are a few things you should do before heading in for your lash extension service! One is to come with freshly cleansed skin so that the technician has a clean canvas to work with.
It’s also important to communicate any allergies or sensitivities you have- both to adhesives and certain types of lashes- so that the technician can be aware and accommodate accordingly. And finally, although it may seem counterintuitive, try not go in with an overly specific idea of what you want in mind. The technician is the expert after all, and they’ll be ableto advise you on what kind of style or length will suit your individual eye shape best.
Trusting their expertise will ensure that you walk away happy with your new set of beautiful lash extensions!
What is the First Thing to Do When You Get Eyelash Extensions?
If you’re considering getting eyelash extensions, congratulations! They can be a fun way to change up your look. But before you get them, there are a few things you should know.
Here’s what you need to do before getting lash extensions, according to an expert. The first thing you should do is find a reputable salon or Lash Artist. Do your research and read reviews to make sure they have experience and are good at what they do.
Once you’ve found the right place, schedule a consultation so you can discuss your desired look with the artist and ask any questions you may have. During the consultation, the artist will assess your natural lashes to see if they’re suitable for extensions. If they are, great!
The next step is choosing the type of extension and length that’s right for you. The artist will also go over aftercare instructions with you so you know how to properly care for your new lashes. Once everything is settled, it’s time for the fun part – getting those lash extensions applied!
The process usually takes about 1-2 hours, during which time you’ll just relax while the artist does their magic. And that’s it – once they’re done, enjoy your fabulous new lashes!
What to Use before Applying Lash Extensions?
Before applying lash extensions, it is important to use a cleanser and primer. The cleanser will help remove any oils or makeup that may be on the lashes, while the primer will help create a smooth surface for the extensions to adhere to. It is also important to use a Lash Extension Adhesive that is specifically designed for eyelash extensions.
This type of adhesive will ensure that the extensions stay in place and do not cause any damage to the natural lashes.
What I Wish I Knew Before Getting Eyelash Extensions?
If you’ve ever considered getting eyelash extensions, you’re not alone. In fact, lash extensions are one of the most popular beauty treatments around. But before you take the plunge, there are a few things you should know.
Here’s what we wish we knew before getting our first set of lash extensions. 1. They’re Not Cheap While the initial cost of lash extensions can vary depending on where you go and the type of lashes you choose, they’re not cheap.
Expect to spend anywhere from $100-$300 for a full set of lashes, and then another $50-$100 every few weeks for touch-ups. If you’re someone who likes to change up their look often or is simply on a budget, lash extensions may not be the best option for you. 2. They Require Maintenance
Lash extensions require regular maintenance in order to look their best. This means touching up your lashes every 2-3 weeks, which can quickly become expensive (see point #1). Additionally, it’s important to avoid rubbing your eyes or using oil-based products near your lash line, as this can cause the adhesive to break down and your lashes to fall out prematurely.
How to Clean Eyelashes before Extensions
If you’re planning on getting eyelash extensions, it’s important to make sure your lashes are clean before the procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean your lashes before getting lash extensions:
1. Start by removing all makeup from your eyes, including any mascara or eye shadow.
You can use a gentle makeup remover or micellar water to remove all traces of makeup. 2. Next, wash your face with a mild cleanser and rinse thoroughly. 3. Once your face is clean, take a cotton pad soaked in warm water and gently press it over your closed eyelids for a few seconds.
This will help loosen any dirt or debris that may be clinging to your lashes. 4. Gently brush your lashes with a clean, dry mascara wand to remove any remaining dirt or debris. 5. Finally, use a mild cleanser specifically designed for cleaning eyelashes and rinse thoroughly.
Allow your lashes to air dry completely before proceeding with lash extensions..
Tips for Getting Lash Extensions for the First Time
Lash extensions are a great way to enhance your natural beauty and give yourself a little extra boost of confidence. If you’re considering getting lash extensions for the first time, there are a few things you should know before making your appointment.
1. Do your research: Not all lash extension salons are created equal.
Be sure to read reviews and do your research before choosing a salon or technician. It’s important to find someone who is experienced and reputable in order to avoid any damage to your natural lashes. 2. Make sure you’re not allergic: Before getting lash extensions, it’s important to test for allergies.
Your technician should be able to provide you with an allergy test kit prior to your appointment. 3. Choose the right length and style: There are many different lengths and styles of lash extensions available, so it’s important to choose the ones that best suit your needs and preferences. Discuss your options with your technician beforehand so that they can help you make the best decision.
4. Be prepared for maintenance: Lash extensions require some upkeep in order to look their best.
How to Care for Eyelash Extensions
If you’ve never had eyelash extensions before, the prospect of taking care of them may seem a bit daunting. But don’t worry – with a few simple tips, you can keep your lashes looking gorgeous for weeks on end!
Here are some basic guidelines for caring for your new lash extensions:
1. Avoid getting them wet for the first 24 hours. This gives the adhesive time to set properly and ensures that your lashes will stay put. After that, feel free to shower, swim, and workout as usual – just be careful not to rub or scrub your eyes vigorously.
2. Be gentle when cleansing your face. Use a mild cleanser and avoid using any oil-based products around your lash line. When applying makeup, use oil-free formulas and be sure to remove all traces of makeup before going to bed at night.
3. Gently comb through your lashes with a clean mascara wand or spoolie brush daily to keep them tidy and prevent them from clumping together. 4. If you need to remove your lash extensions (perhaps for a special event), do not try to pull them off yourself – this can damage both your natural lashes and the extensions themselves. Instead, visit a professional who can safely remove them for you.
If you’re considering getting eyelash extensions, there are a few things you can do to prep your eyes for the treatment. First, be sure to remove all traces of makeup from around your eyes. This includes any waterproof mascara or eyeliner, as these can be difficult to remove and may interfere with the adhesive used to attach the extensions.
You should also avoid using oils or creams in the area, as they can cause the extensions to slip off. Finally, if you have sensitive skin, it’s a good idea to do a patch test on another part of your body before having the lash extension applied.