False eyelashes are a great way to add some glamour to your eye makeup, but they can be tricky when put on. If you ruin the glue that holds the strip in place, it could cause problems with your natural lash line. So how do you avoid this? Well, I’ve got you covered. Here is my step-by-step guide on how to put on fake eyelash Strips without ruining your real ones.
Steps to putting on false eyelash strips without ruining your real ones
There are two methods to put on fake lashes, which are the glue method and the tape method. The glue method requires you to wait for the glue to dry completely before applying the next layer. This makes the application tedious.
On the other hand, the tape method allows you to apply layers immediately. It is easy to adjust the thickness of each layer by simply pulling the tape away from your lash line.
The Tape Method includes the following steps:
- Apply mascara first.
- Use an eye shadow brush to apply eyeliner along the outer edge of your lower lash line.
- Using tweezers pull the tape toward your nose until it sticks to your lash line.
- Remove the excess tape from around your lash line.
- Place a small amount of glue at the base of your upper lashes.
- Press down gently so that the glue adheres to your lash line. Repeat steps 4-6 for all of your lashes.
You can put on fake lashes using eyelash glue by following these steps:
- Start off by applying mascara all over your upper lash. This helps keep the glue from smudging or running down into your eye.
- Next, apply a thin layer of concealer under your eyes. This will help prevent any redness caused by the glue.
- Once you have applied your concealer, use an angled brush to apply a small amount of adhesive gel to the tip of each fake eyelash strip. You want to make sure there isn’t too much glue so that it won’t run down your face.
- Take one end of the strip and insert it into your eye. Make sure that the strip goes right up to the top of your lash line. It’s important not to pull the strip out as this may damage your natural lashes.
- Now take the other end of the strip and push it back towards the first end. The second end should go about halfway between the first end and your eye.
- Press both ends together firmly until the glue sets.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for every lash strip that you plan on using.
- Once all of your strips have been glued, gently remove the excess glue from around your eyes.
- Apply another coat of mascara to your upper lashes.
- Finally, apply a light dusting of powder to set your makeup.
- When you’re finished, give yourself a pat on the back because you just made yourself look like a million dollars.
- Enjoy your new lashes.
How to choose the best fake eyelashes for beginners?
The first thing to remember is that fake eyelashes can be either glued onto your natural lash line or attached to a strip that goes over your natural lash line. The latter has been proven to last longer than the former because it doesn’t come into direct contact with your eyes.
However, if you want to go for the glue method, make sure that you use a water-based product like gel or mousse. This way, the glue won’t dry out too quickly and cause irritation to your eyes.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right one for you:
- Choose an eyelash extension brand that offers free shipping. You don’t need to pay extra for shipping costs.
- Look at their customer reviews. If many people say good things about them, then you can trust them.
- If you want a full set of extensions, you might consider getting a kit instead of buying each individual item separately. It saves time and money.
- If you want to try different types of products, check out the different brands in the market. There are so many options available nowadays.
When choosing fake eyelashes, you should think about what kind of effect you want to achieve. For example, if you are going to attend a formal event, you will need something that looks natural. If you are attending a casual party or hanging out with friends, you can go for a bolder look.
Fake Eyelash Extensions vs. Real Lashes
While both fake eyelash extensions and real lashes look great, there are differences between the two. Fake lashes usually cost less but can only be used once. They tend to fall off after a few hours. On the other hand, real lashes can be applied multiple times until they become brittle and break.
Fake eyelashes are generally made from synthetic fibers, while real lashes are made from human hair. Synthetic fiber lashes tend to be stiffer than those made from human hair. In addition, they are more durable. Real lashes are softer since they contain protein. Protein helps keep the lashes soft and supple. Also, they grow faster than synthetic fibbers.
However, synthetic fibres are easier to apply. They are also cheaper than real lashes.
Fake lashes are easier to apply. You just need to trim them to fit your eye shape. You can even get them customized according to your preference. You can wear them all day long without having to worry about them falling off.
On the other hand, they are not as strong as real lashes. So, if you have a lot of activity, you will probably need to replace them sooner than later.
Real lashes are stronger. But, they take longer to apply. Plus, they require maintenance. There are several ways to apply fake eyelashes. Some are made of glue, while others are made of tape.
There are pros and cons to using either type of lash. What works for one person may not work for another. That’s why it’s important to experiment with different types of lashes before deciding which one suit you best.
Will False Lash Strips Cause Natural Lash Damage?
False Strip lashes are safe and effective when used properly and stored carefully.
According to the FDA, strip lashes are safe as long as the glue adhesive doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients.
You can use strip lashes safely without risk to your own natural lashes and without worrying that you’ll mess up the application; you can do it, and our tutorials can help.
Things to consider while putting on fake lash:
If you weren’t born with lashes that touch the tips of your sunglasses, you’ve probably tried every lash-lengthening mascara out there to attempt to get your natural eyelashes even a millimeter longer. The fact that false eyelash strips do not interfere with your natural lashes or their growth is extremely appealing to those of us who still want to ensure the health and beauty of our natural eyelashes. However, following are some tips you might want to consider while putting on fake lashes:
- You don’t want to look too heavy-handed with the glue.
- Apply the adhesive to the inner corner and outer corner of your eye.
- Make sure you apply enough adhesive so that it doesn’t flake off.
- When applying the adhesive, make sure you press it firmly into place.
- Once the adhesive dries, gently pull out the strip.
- Remove any excess adhesive before putting on your mascara.
- To avoid clumping, apply your mascara first.
- Let it dry completely before adding your fake eyelashes.
- Avoid getting the adhesive near your tear ducts. This can cause irritation.
- Use a lash comb. The lash comb has teeth designed to separate the individual lashes. It is very easy to use and does not damage your real lashes.
- Try using a lash curler. It helps curl your lashes so that they appear thicker.
- Don’t use an eyelash curler right after removing your makeup. Instead, wait for 30 minutes or more.
- Try using a fake eyelash remover. This is used to clean off the adhesive from your lashes.
- Even though the lash adhesive can sometimes find its way to the base of your natural lashes, it is completely safe and gentle, so you don’t have to worry about harming them.
- Always keep extra lashes because you never know when you might need some extra pair of lashes.
Regardless of which color you choose, if you want your lashes to look even more natural, Hernandez advises to “camouflage the lash band by applying black gel or liquid liner.” The correct way to apply false eyelashes depends on which type you’re using. Strip lashes are safe and effective when used properly and stored carefully. According to the FDA, strip lashes are safe as long as the glue adhesive doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients. You can use strip lashes safely without risk to your own natural lashes and without worrying that you’ll mess up the application. After you apply your eye shadow, curl your natural eyelashes and apply mascara. McFerran says to ensure that your natural eyelashes blend easily with your magnetic lashes for a seamless look.
What is the best way to remove fake eyelashes?
Remove your false eyelashes from the packaging and apply a thin line of lash adhesive on the cotton band. Use a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol or makeup remover. Gently rub the cotton ball against the adhesive area.
This will help dissolve the adhesive. Doing this regularly will keep your lashes looking fresh. You can also soak a cotton pad and gently rub it against the magnetic lashes to dissolve and remove any makeup residue or eyeliner left on the lashes.
When the pads come away clean, finish washing your lashes by pressing them between two cotton pads soaked in warm water. Don’t forget to moisturize your face after removing your makeup. Your skin needs moisture.
MG Hair and Makeup founder Megan Garmers explains that the process of removing false lashes applied with adhesive glue is pretty straightforward: “Just gently tug on the inner corner of the lash (being careful not to tug your own real lashes.) While holding down your eyelid with another finger/hand,” she explains. “You can also get the adhesive started by applying an oil-based makeup remover to the lash line with a cotton swab and gently rubbing it against the lash line where the adhesive is.
How long should I wait between applying fake eyelashes?
Real lashes grow back quickly. However, some people may experience irritation when wearing false lashes. If you notice any signs of discomfort such as redness, swelling, itching, or pain, discontinue use. The longer you wear them, the better they last.
Try applying them every two weeks instead of daily. Fake eyelashes tend to fall off after a few months. Keep track of when you started wearing them. You’ll know when it’s time for a new set.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How often should you replace your fake eyelashes?
There is no set rule. Some women prefer to change their lashes every week, while others only do it once a month. However, most experts agree that changing them monthly is ideal. Some women like to change their lashes weekly because they find it easier than doing it monthly. Others say they can last a year with proper care.
If you’re unsure about how often you should be replacing your lashes, ask a professional. They can usually tell you what works best for you. Remember that there are many types of fake eyelashes available. Choose one based on your preference.
How do you know if your fake eyelashes are too long?
When you look into the mirror, check out the length of your lashes. Make sure that they aren’t touching your eyeball. Also, make sure that they are not covering your natural lashes. To determine whether your lashes are too short, place your hand over your eyes.
Hold your fingers up close to your eyes and see if you can still see through them. Then move your fingers further apart. Your eyelashes should be visible. Once you’ve determined where your problem lies, you can start fixing it.
Can you reuse fake eyelashes?
Reusing fake eyelashes isn’t a good idea. After all, they are meant to be disposable. Instead, purchase new ones. Even though they might seem cheap at first, they can end up costing you money in the long run. So, if you want to save money, stick to buying new ones.
What are the best fake eyelashes for people with sensitive eyes?
You don’t have to worry about having sensitive eyes when purchasing fake eyelashes. All types of fake eyelashes are safe for those who suffer from allergies. In fact, most brands of fake eyelashes contain ingredients that won’t bother anyone’s eyes.
What are the best fake eyelashes for people with short eyelashes?
If you have very short eyelashes, then you need fake eyelashes that are designed specifically for you. These types of falsies come with adhesive strips that help hold them in place. This allows you to apply them easily and without worrying about them falling off. But, these types of falsies require more maintenance than regular.
It’s always important to remember that you shouldn’t try to copy someone else’s makeup style.
You should choose something that suits your own personal preferences. And, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us here.
We’d love to help you figure out which type of falsie will work best for you. We hope this article has answered your question. Have fun browsing our site. If you liked this post, please share it with your friends.